Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 454 Work and play.

We started out the day with work and then went to Port Angeles to see the sand sculptures.  Work and play.

I started the day fitting the upper fitting for our new Hydrovane.  The original teak pad I had made fit the stern curvature of the boat perfectly but the base of the Hydrovane required a different angle other than what I had.  So off to the wood shop with the teak board and I cut another board to epoxy to the first one.  This one required a slanted cut while the base board required a convex cut to fit the hull.  

Cut, sand, measure and fit--over and over until I got it just right.

As you can see, it took some work to get the angle and thickness just right.  Today will be the test drilling and having the stainless steel backing plate made for inside Zephyr.  The nice thing about Boat Haven is that there are lots of places to get things made in relatively short order.

When I returned to Zephyr, I was covered with teak sawdust.  Tracy said it looked like I had on a reddish brown powder make up on.  After lunch, I was off to the showers to get it off before we left for Port Angeles.  


The above was titles "Chicken Itsa"







As we walked back to the car, we saw these metal pieces of art out over the water.


On the way back we passed through Sequim and made stops at both Walmart and Costco for more provisions.  It may be our last trip to both for a while since I will be leaving for Denver in about a week if all works out.

Home by 1900 and try and figure out where to put it all and then a nice dinner continental style(later than usual).

Well, it's time to get back to work.  More to get done today while it is still a bit cooler.

No comments: