Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 469 & 470 and 471 Work and travel.

More jobs done and now I'm finally back on board Zephyr after a flight yesterday morning.

Work at the house continued and I made a trip to Lake Granby to check out Sloop to Nuts, one of our other boats.  The Marina that is supposed to be selling her lost the key and finally cut the lock off so some one could finally look at her.  Unfortunately, they forgot to get another lock and just left her open for all the go inside right beside the highway.  Someone came along and took our solar panel that had been attached to the boat.  The folks at the marina were surprised but no real apology was made as to their lack of thinking of putting another lock on to replace the one they cut off.  I'm still waiting for a call from the manager as to what they want to do now.  I enquired about the tarp that had been covering the boat and the man in the office had no idea of where it is let alone the dozens of bungee cords that had been used to string it down.  They did remember to bill me for storage for the Summer and make sure to collect it while I was there though.

I put a third coat of paint on the shutters and garage door at the house so it looks much better.  The HOA had asked that we paint the house.  Maybe this will make them happy as it looks much better now.  I sprayed the yard with "weed be gone"(twice) and  put down not only bug killer but a good layer of fertilizer so the yard should green up and fill in the gaps soon.

It was run, run, run the entire time I was there.  Meals were on the fly and I don't think I sat to watch any TV.  Crashed at night and was up by 0500 to get more things done.  The hail storm back in June caused us to have the house re-roofed and that took all of Monday and half of Tuesday to get finished.  They ran out of materials and had to have more brought over.  I guess they got shorted by the delivery men who brought the materials last week.  Oh well, at least that is done.

We got our TV replaced yesterday at Costco.  All TV's come with a two year warranty when you get them there and that saved us.  Now we just have to have a bracket made today so we can get it up on the wall.  The old bracket doesn't fit this TV(gee what a surprise).  It's off to the machine shop for some fabrication this morning.  I had hoped that the old bracket we had would work with the new TV but that of course was not to be.

Well, it's back to work.  Lots to do in the next 36 hours if we are to get launched Saturday.

Stay tuned.  More to come.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill, I drove by the boat at Granby Res. on a recent motorcycle trip to Colorado. Thought about stopping but was too intent on trying to getting a speeding ticket.

If you want to fire sale it out and take $4,000 for it I will take it. They may have it comletely stolen by the time you guys get back.

Dave In Idaho(Fosscod@msn.com)