Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day 26--the hunt is on

I've remarked in earlier posts about our water pump problems.    The pump worked fine pressurizing the system as long as the tank was full, once it hit half full, the the pump would never shut off.   Today we started the investigation.  We traced all the water lines and marked what came from where and what went where.  Then we started turning off the valves that feed the water to the boat.  We have four tanks with each having it's own set of valves.  Since we figure that only one tank has a problem, if we turn off three tanks, then as we empty a tank with no problems, the one that gives us the problem is the one that needs repair.   Hope this logic works.  Guess we will see over the next few days.

While I did the laundry, Tracy inventoried the food supplies that we had moved aboard.  It all went in so fast, there was no accounting for what went where.  Now we have a list of what is where.  Will make eating at home much easier.

I installed a new navigation program this evening.  Up and running but needs refinement.  I can't load all the charts the program provides.  I'm going to keep playing with it.  I'll find the charts.

Not an exciting day but we are making progress.  We will be practicing docking this boat on Tuesday after the vacationers go home.  There will be a lot less boats by then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill, I have been enjoying your all your trials and tribulations and enjoying the excitement your blog entails. I wish you and Tracy the best in your quest. Please email me as for some reason I can't send you an email from the address that I have. Take care Rick