Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 34 Lube it

Today started out with a misty rain.  Lasted till after noon.   So we worked inside in the morning. Organizing and stowing many thing that had accrued over the past week.  I worked on the things on my work bench.  If I touched it, I used it and then stowed it.  Tried to put thing away in a logical way.  Tracy cleaned and stitched on a project and organized things throughout the boat.  It's amazing how cluttered a place can get if you're not careful.  

I spent the afternoon on deck.  I lubed anything and everything that had a ball bearing or a hinge.  I used a product we came across called Corrosion X.  Supposedly binds with everything it touches and make a super slick surface.  I started at the bow and worked toward the stern.  Every block and hinge got treated.  I straightened out crossed lines and line stoppers.  I made sure to carry lots of paper towels.  When I work with any type of liquid, I will always spill some and today was no different.  Now everything flows much easier and smoother.

Clouds and cold came in by 5pm and that was the end of the afternoon working outside.  Retreated inside for another great dinner.  Home made potato soup with chocolate cake and strawberries for desert. That new stove sure works great.  Tracy loves it!

Tomorrow--off to Portland if the weather is bad or work on the boat if it's nice.  More rain on Tuesday and Wednesday so we may wait till then.  Do what we can while the weather is nice and do other things when it's not.

No comments: