Saturday, June 7, 2008

Day 38 Another day of electrical fun

Another day of poking around the electrical system.  Not the most exciting, but a necessity.   I called the company that makes our charging and monitor system and discussed the setup that needed to be done after I installed the new batteries.  I don't want to burn these up.   After being on hold for 20 minutes, I finally got thru.  After 10 minutes of talking, I got cut off--just happened to be lunch time.  Called back--another 20 minute wait.  Got a different tech.  He walked me thru the setup checking lots of things I didn't understand and some I did.  I'd turned off the charger last night until we got this settled out.  Strangely, while we were checking the volts in the batteries, it jumped as though the charger turned it self on. Quit just as quickly.  Now they tell me something is wrong and I need to take out  the charger and take it in for inspection--another trip to Portland.  Don't know how long it will take them to inspect it and get it back.  The company did say they would give me a great discount if I wanted to upgrade to a newer model if this unit is bad.  Oh boy--more money!!

I called the company that was recharging the fire extinguishers.  I'd taken them in over a month ago.  Gotten a call that they would be done two weeks ago--not so.  Checked last week, nope, not yet.  Today when I called, I was told that they were working on them right then and I could pick them up later this afternoon.  They called back a short time later and said they were mistaken.  They didn't have my extinguishers.  They were still in Albany.  I offered to pick them up on Monday when I went thru there on my way to Portland.  Sorry, that wouldn't work as Albany only had the tanks, the nozzles were here in Newport. They decided to just give me two new extinguishers!!  Heaven only knows where mine actually are.  Figure they are lost in the wind but at least I have these.  They will make the insurance company happy.

It rained more today. Gee what a surprise!!

Tomorrow, figure out the new water pump.  

No comments: