Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 76 Still here!

We're still here in Newport.  The winds just keep on coming from the North.  Up into the mid 30's again today.  We thought we would get out today but it started blowing by 9am and just kept on coming.   I'd planned on talking to the two Canadian boats today but they got tired of waiting out the past two weeks and took off into the blow.  Both are long term cruisers with lots more experience that we have.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Meanwhile small projects.  Inspect the lines that control the sails.  Fix some hardware.  Order some more equipment since we will be here for a few more days.  I ordered wire to hook our wind instrument to the auto pilot and a computer program so I can reprogram two VHF radios I bought.  With this new program, Tracy and I can talk without bothering others on normal VHF channels.  Ran some errands and cooked dinner. 

I think Tracy is catching a cold.  Sniffling a lot and keeps rotating between hot and cold spells.  If it is a cold, it's better that we didn't leave for Port Townsend.  With all this wind, I'm not surprised that the chill didn't catch up with one of us sooner or later.   

More small things to get tidied up tomorrow.  Just trying to keep busy till it "Go" day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I may get to meet you guys on Saturday if the wind keeps up.

The fishing site I told you about, everyone was talking about a break in the forecast this week.

Oh well I keep an eye out for the Zephyr in NP.


Dave in Idaho