Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day 102 Soggy party

It has rained here a good bit of today which has put a bit of a damper on the Latitudes & Attitudes party.  We still hear their cannons going off and the band playing but I'm sure not to many people are standing in the rain listening to it.

I'm at Safeway doing the blog this afternoon.  We needed some things to go with dinner tonight.  Costco Steaks on the grill.  With a nice bottle of wine, it doesn't get much better.

We cleaned "house" today.  With workmen in Zephyr just about everyday, it gets messy very easy and things get put of place when you can't put thing away when you're done using them as a workman is in the way and for what we are paying them, we sure don't want to disturb them.  It was nice getting up this morning and not having to tear up the boat so they will have access to all the compartments.  A little extra sleep didn't hurt either.

I tried cleaning our bronze prop today.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the right stuff to get all the marine growth off it.  West Marine doesn't carry anything that will do the job, so I'll have to look elsewhere on Monday.  I'll try the boat yard since I'm sure they need to clean bronze regularly. 

We watched the Olympics last night and some of today.  Boy, what a pageant it was last night.  Quite the spectacle.  If you have enough money and the person power, you can achieve just about anything.

More odd jobs tomorrow.  We are replacing the hoses on the heads and cleaning out the forward "garage" to get what is left of the saltwater out and get it dried out.  It is a bit rank up there.  Plus the prop and the last winch time willing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am having a great time reading your daily's...makes me appreciate my boring life a little better! I applaud your adventuresome natures and really happy you got the "kids" back!! Diana, when are you going to share your charts??
Hang in there and hope to hear that you are back in the water soon!
Shirley Marlow