Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 111 The work week starts all over again

It's Monday and the workman should start converging on Zephyr again.  At least we had two days of quiet.  It gets a bit old having workman in your home everyday.  One of the worst things is not knowing if or when they might show up.  You strip the rooms you figure they will be working on and then either they don't show or it's only for two hours or they work on something totally different that didn't need for us to strip a room.  Don't get me wrong,  I'm glad that they show up, I would just like to see them go at it for a solid 8 hours instead of the 30 minutes here and there plus the phone calls from other people in the yard that need his help.  We could have bee done a week ago if they had just left him alone.

Yesterday was the day to start on polishing the port--left side--of the hull.  The blue paint had oxidized and needed a good shot at rubbing compound to bring it back to its glory.  I started at 10am and quit at 4:00.  The first side is done.  I think it will take a second shot of it just to make sure she is where she needs to be and then the wax.  After I was done with that, I took off for the hardware store to get more of the special bonnets that go on the buffer.  I can't do one without the other.   Today, the starboard--right--side.  The weather was perfect yesterday for the job.  Slightly overcast and cool with just a bit of wind.  I hope today is the same.

After I got back, I barbecued a bunch of chicken that we had bought at Costco.  All nicely marinated.  Now we have lots for the up coming week.

Tracy took the day off to rest her sorry bones, muscles and joints.  God bless Motrin.  She is really feeling the muscle ache of all her work.  It SUCK getting older.

I'm sitting outside the back of the ice cream parlor.  They don't open for a few hours so there are no kids screaming and running around.  Nice to have the peace and quiet.  Now it's back to work.

No comments: