Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 118 Soggy day yesterday

It was a soggy day yesterday.  The weather people actually got it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   They had forecast cloudy morning and afternoon showers.  Amazingly, they were right on the mark.  The rain started just after noon and continued till after sunset.

I was off in the morning to get the rags and cloth bonnets for the waxer washed.  At $2.25 a piece, it is cheaper to clean them than buy new.  I had bought several over the course of doing Zephyrs hull but hadn't gotten them washed as the laundromat at the marina has a sign that says you can;t do them here.  So off to downtown I went to the cities only laundromat.  Went clear to the back of the place and got them done.  We haven't used their machines as it $2.50 per load and 25 cents get you 10 minutes on the driers.  It can add up fast.  Plus the marinas machines are a lot less.  It started to sprinkle as I was leaving the laundromat but not enough to get me soaked on the short distance I have to walk to the bus and from the bus to Zephyr.  Tracy had called me and offer to meet me at he bus stop with my foul weather jacket, but I saw no reason to have her come out and get wet.  I won't melt.

The rest of the day was just sit and read or watch movies on the TV.  When you are cooped up inside a boat, it can get boring.  We're just glad we have the cockpit enclosure.  The kids like to sit out there and snooze.  We've found most of their exit routes and have clogged them with extra canvas so they can't get out.  It sure frustrates Blue to no end.  

Today is a bit up in the air at this point.  Not sure who will be on board.  the transmission guys, the electrician, or the rigger installing the new pad eyes for the running back stays.  It is supposed to get better as the day goes by so we will be able to find a place to hide out.  With luck, some of the parts I ordered will be in today and I can get them installed.  I still need to dismantle the windlass(pulls up the anchor) and get the oil changed.  All part of the maintenance that need to be continually checked and fixed. 

No comments: