Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 261 Not much

We went from busy, busy, busy to not much going on in the span of a day.  I got the wire for the fog horn.  Eighteen gauge was what was recommended by Troy.  I peeled and striped it back so I could solder it on last night.  As it turns out. eighteen gauge is too big.  Twenty is what is called for.  Another project delayed.  I returned it this morning.  Unfortunately, they don't carry the wire I now need so I'll be off to see if I can find it locally.  I don't think there is much chance with out another trip to Sequim.  That's part of the problem with small town living.  The pace is slower and the selection is the same.

As I mentioned in yesterdays post. Sea Marine had sent out cards offering a free boat haul out.  A 40+ foot wooden two masted boat(circa 1950) showed up yesterday for their haul out.  With this crane, one of the masts had to be pulled.  So Sea Marine had to hire a crane to get the second mast up and out.  They will not be making a lot of money on this job.  The mast got hauled in the early afternoon and then the boat was put in the slings and out she came.

And that was about it for yesterday.  Like I said, from busy to bored all in one day.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: