Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 267 Scoping it out

Two of our new neighbors.  These are the messy ones that you don't want to be friends with.

We headed off to Silverdale to look around town and check out the neighborhood.  We had lunch at a nice little restaurant in "Old Town" Silverdale.  Didn't seem that old to me.  Lunch was tasty--roast beef sandwich(me),  Greek Salad(Tracy).  Nice but too expensive for what we got.  We looked for the marina in Silverdale and found the city docks.  I guess that is what they call their marina.

After lunch, we headed South to scope out the ferry we will be taking to Seattle.  It's down in Bremerton about 15 miles South from our marina.  We're both glad we went as it wasn't the easiest place to find.  I made all the turns as we saw the ferry signs telling us to go left and right but suddenly, the signs were telling us to go back the other direction.  There is a good bit of road construction in the area and they had removed one very important sign as to where the final turn was to get to the ferry.  After a quick stop at the police department for directions we finally found it.  

We will be taking the 6:20 ferry over as its an hour ferry ride to get there.  That means we have to leave Zephyr at 5:40 to get to the ferry in time.  If we left on the 7:20 ferry, we'd get in to Seattle at 8:20 and then have to get to the sports center for the show.  As Tracy's class starts at 9:00 and we still have to trade in our electronic tickets for "real" ones, we don't want to be late.  So once we get to Seattle, we'll find a restaurant to have breakfast.

Yesterday was finally "laundry day".  We got started late after our errands and I didn't get the last folded till after 6:00.  Tracy waited in the laundry room while it washed and then I took over during the dry cycle.  The heater for the laundry room didn't seem to be functioning as the room was quite chilly.  I played with what appeared to be a broken off knob on the front and on it came.  By the time the clothes were dry, the room was quite cozy.

Dinner was quite simple.  Tracy had made me a sandwich for the trip down the coast from Port Townsend but since it was just about impossible to leave the deck--a ship coming North at 20+ knots and me going South at 7 knots will collide quite quickly--and since it was cold, I didn't feel like eating it.  Plus, since I was making better time than I had expected, I figured I would be in Brownsville by lunch time.  Tracy cut the sandwich up into bite size pieces and then we had a nice plate of "Summer Sausage" and some smoked cheese and Boursin cheese on a french roll.  Add a nice bottle of red wine and we had a great dinner.

That's about the way the day went.  Today, luxury showers for both of us.  Point Hudson charges .25 for a 1 1/2 minute shower.  Good luck with that.  I can get by for .50 but Tracy needs about a buck for hers.  She's just not as speedy as me.  Of course, I have a lot less to shave while I'm in there.  Here, for .25 we get 4 minutes of nice hot water.  A true luxury getting that long and that cheap.  This afternoon, a drive back to Port Townsend.  We need to pick up our mail and some special orders that have come in.

I'll post some photos of our new neighborhood as soon as we get some sunshine.

1 comment:

KAREN said...

Just want you to know I am still here reading all about your adventures