Thursday, April 24, 2008

Going back to the sea after almost 400 years.

I know this may seem strange, but a Hudson is going back to the sea after almost 400 years.  some 60 years ago, my grandfather did a genealogy of this line of the Hudson clan.  Primarily to establish that we had relatives that served in the Revolutionary War.  Once he got that accomplished, he went back farther.  All this before computers.  I can't fathom how long it must have taken him.  He established that we are direct descendants of Henry Hudson.  So after almost 400 hundred years--he died about 1611--a Hudson is now going back to the sea.  As long as I stay away from the north shore of Canada(Hudson Bay) I should be fine.  I just have to make sure I don't upset the crew--of course since she is the Admiral(I'm just a Captain), that might be tough to do.
The packing continues.  It's tough deciding what to take.  While we are moving, we aren't taking everything.  Most is staying right where it is for the time being.  Just try and imagine--you're going onto a 48 X 13 foot apartment with very limited storage space.  What would you take and what would you leave.  Plus keep in mind that what ever you take will be subject to repeated earthquakes(waves) and the possibility of getting soaked regularly(leaks).  what would you take?  I know we are taking much to much stuff, but after the refit and when we are prepared to get underway, we can always get rid of what we really don't need.
We are off to our other boat at Lake Granby to get her ready for this next Summer and hopefully a new owner.  Unfortunately, it will take most of the day.  We pick up the UHaul truck Saturday.  That's when the real fun starts.
More later.

No comments: