Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 134 Who knows?

Sorry I'm late today with the post.  I had a hard time gaining access to our account.

Well, the beat goes on.  They came to fit the stem fitting--gizmo that attaches to the bow that holds the anchor and genoa.  It doesn't fit!!!  It seems that it is torqued and needs to be straightened--again.  The rigger had already sent it in for straightening but apparently it didn't take so it's off again for more work.  The current estimate is that the mast will be stepped(put on the boat) next week.  To much still needs to be done by the riggers so this week is out.  Oh well.

Jack-the electrician-- is still connecting and disconnecting wires.  I ripped out several last night that he told be to get rid of.  They don't go anywhere anymore.  Everything from big wires to small ones.  He is getting down to the end--he thinks.  Unfortunately, with that he connected yesterday--pumps, etc, the lights on Zephyr now don't work.  They did over the weekend but were gone last night.  I'm sure a connection got routed wrong and we will be fine later today.  Jacks like that.  He sees a problem and goes after it like a blood hound until he solves it.

We met with Brion Toss--rigger par excellence- yesterday for an update on his bill and what still needs to be done.  So far we are on track with the money end.  I think he is going easy after seeing what Sea Marine has been charging us.  More things need to be ordered so we wait patiently.

The battery monitor(Xantrex Link 2000) that I sent back for inspection in New Jersey that came back with a clean bill of health basically died yesterday.  It won't read the batteries correctly anymore even after Jack changed how they were wired.  The company has offered to refund my service fee but that set us back a few more days as I had to order another one this morning.  With luck it will be here in a week, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ah, the Sun is now up and it sure feels great.  We are set for really nice weather over the next few days.  YEAH!!!

I signed up or a class at Carol Hasse's sail loft for early next month.  I got the last space.  She builds sail for off shore sailors so I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can as sails are VERY expensive.  To replace our main sail, they told us $7500.00!!!  Yeow!!!  The Genoa--big sail at the bow is over $8500.00!!! 

Now all I have to do is find a good diesel school for training on what to do if it should die.  When your out there, there isn't a AAA to call for assistance.  It's do it yourself.  We both have lots to learn.  That is a big reason why we are staying here(set in quicksand) over the Winter.

Well, I have to get back to Zephyr and make sure Tracy is up.  The worker bees show up early here some times--late some times too. 

No comments: