Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 187 More rain and wind.

I know there is a sun up there but it's hiding.  Overcast virtually all day with winds up to 30 knots and rain off and on.  Oh well.  It makes it easier to get things done inside.

I installed the plastic cover over the 110 circuit board in the engine compartment.  A nice piece of plastic that covers all the wires from top to bottom so that I won't get shocked poking my fingers where they don't belong.  It's held off the wires by small plastic tubes that keep it off the wall.

Into the nav station to dig out everything I'd put in there over the past 6 months.  Threw away and organized into nice water tight bins just in case we spring a leak.  One for computer stuff.  One for papers and one for navigations tools and safety equipment.  Lots of pens and pencils got rounded up and put in baggies.  It's nice to have it organized instead of a mess.  It will be much easier to find things now.

Dug through tool boxes and drawers  getting them organized.   I have a long way to go to get them done.  I have a lot more tools here than I thought--which is a good thing.

Tracy wanted to reposition Zephyr on the dock so Sea Marine will have a nice large space for any boats that come in for work.  We hauled her about 60 feet farther down the dock and retied her.  Unfortunately, what we didn't realize that where we put her, one of the dock lights shines right through the aft cabin porthole at night.  Stuff a pillow in the space and the problem is solved.  No curtains on Zephyrs portholes.  We will be looking into that today at the local hardware store.

I installed more updates to computer navigation programs.  I had received updates from Nobeltec to take my system from 9.2 to 9.3.  Got it all installed and now they have sent me an update that is virtually a new program.  Not sure about installing it.  I've never seen it in action and as they say--"if it ain't broke, don't fix it".  I'll be calling their support people this morning to see if it's really worth updating.  The biggest benefit is that the charts they give us will take us from Washington state to Acapulco.  The current ones we have only go to the Mexico border.  I wouldn't have to pay for more charts for quite a while.  I'll still need the ones for Alaska next Spring but not till then.

Our son called late this morning.  It was great hearing from him.  It's been quite a while since we talked.  He's looking into a program he'd recommended earlier that I hadn't been able to get to work.  I'll be playing with it over the next few days as time permits.  Nice to have a tech savvy person in the family.

We will be tackling more projects as the day passes.  With it being overcast, rainy and very windy, it gives us time to get them done with out regretting not going out sailing.

I hope everyone had a nice Halloween.

No comments: