Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 190 So much for bad weather!

The forecast had been for 25-30 knot winds and rain.  Instead we got Sun and 5-10 knot winds!!  You give these guys pretty computers and satellites and they still get it wrong.

If we had know it was going to be so nice we would have set off today.  Instead, we tackled more projects.  The Webasto has been diagnosed with a clogged diesel sensor.  I will need to dismantle it and clean it out.  Meanwhile, it can be used just that the thermostat won't turn it on but will turn it off.  It must be started manually.  Once it is off, I will turn it off and then back on and it will start up when it hits the correct temperature that it is set to start up at.  Once it runs, it won't start up on its own but will blink that there is a problem.  That's fine, it will still heat Zephyr while we are gone.  Just run it at bed time and then restart it and it will run later during the night.

I installed a new Carbon Monoxide/ smoke detector this afternoon.  The last smoke detector went off if you did toast in the galley.  This one talks and has a LOUD siren.  Never hurts to be safe.

I'm doing this blog tonight since we will be off tomorrow morning and I expect it to be a bit hectic.  I have to drive to the local NAPA store to pick up a 5 gallon gas can so we will have enough gas for the generator while we are gone.  I needed a plastic "jerry" can style and all everyone carries is the small squat style that won't fasten easily to the stanchions.  I don't want it coming loose as we sail.

I had to buy special screw drivers for the heater removal and a special socket driver.  Jobs for later.

We'll I just made a quick run to Safeway and now back to Zephyr.

I'll try and post if I can get contact through Verizons gizmo.  I'm not sure it will work in the islands.  Guess we will find out over the next few days.  

No comments: