Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 293 Movies

I pulled out my video camera yesterday after getting an email from Canon telling me that mine may be defective.  Something about the zoom button getting loose.  I called in--they don't want to fix it at all.  They just want to add my name to  list of potential customer service problems for the future.  No such thing as preventative maintenance for them. "We'll just wait till it breaks and fix it then" mentality.

With that news, I thought I would go outside and show you the marina on a video.  It was nice and sunny when I started the day and cloudy by about 11am.  A normal Seattle day except that the weather people had said it would be a nice sunny day.

Tracy and I took off on errands late in the morning.  First to Safeway to post my new video.  After 30 minutes of waiting to complete the upload, we pulled the plug and took off for lunch and Pet Smart for more flea killer.  The lotion we put on didn't seem to work.  Still fleas 24 hours later.  This time--flea collars.  Blue was beside herself when Tracy put it on.  She's never worn one and wasn't impressed.  We sprayed their cat post where they sleep--love that penthouse tray.  It sits above everyone else.  Now they won't go near it.  I hope what ever odor they smell wears off as they really love that post.

We then went on to continue the search for a new microwave oven.  Sears had a nice red one to match our new toaster.  It turned out to be too deep for the space we have for it.  Over to Home Depot to get an LG we had seen the previous day.  It had decent power and the size was great.  As it turned out, they were out of stock.  They checked stock at other Home Depot stores in the area--Poulsbo(8 miles away) had 5 in stock.  Back to the car and off we went.  Once we got there and found the microwave department, the sales person said "We don't have any of those".  I told her that the previous store had checked the computer and that they showed to have 5.  "Boy, I sure wish they had called" was her response.  She took off looking for them.  She even went to the receiving department to see if they were there.  She called the store manager to have him help in the search.  No luck.  Their inventory was off--way off.  Tracy by now had had enough of the search for a microwave and called it quits.  We drove back to Zephyr.  I guess she will live with what we have--at least till it frustrates her again.

I'm back at Safeway trying to get the video to upload.  Tracy is still asleep.  If it completes its upload you'll get to see the marina, or at least a bit of it. 

OK, after an hour, I gave up the download.  I'll try U Tube and see if that work.  I'll let you know.


And that is about all I can say about yesterday.  It was pretty much a wash as far as getting anything done.  But we sure had a nice car ride.

More to come as we're living the dream!!

No comments: