Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 299 Off to class


(I don't know why the section is underlined above.  It just started underlining as I typed)

There were 11 of us in the class.  I'd been allowed in after some begging as the class had been full.  Dave, a gentleman that had visited us in Port Townsend showed up to take it also.  We started promptly at 9 and off we went.  

Each of us was given a neat volt/ohm meter to use for the class.  We covered a wide spectrum of dc as well as ac power.  What to look for when you are diagnosing a problem and how to look for a solution.  With what I learned, I'll be much better able to take care of and monitor and repair the electrical systems on Zephyr.  I'll be off today to get a new volt/ohm meter.  The one I have is just to old and is not up to the job.  It is a classic piece of Radio Shack equipment.  Now it's time to step up to a new level.

After class, I had dinner with our son, Matt.  Indian curry was the bill of fare for dinner.  Matt always knows where to go for a fine meal.  We visited with some of his friends after dinner at a workshop Matt goes to to work on projects.  I'd hate to think of what the combined IQs would be for this group of people.

Off for the ferry and back home by just after 9. 

Today--rain is scheduled for all day--as long as you believe the weather people.

Have a great Sunday.
 

2 comments:

Captain Kook said...

Bill

Great looking clamp meter. Where did you find it. What is it. A fluke I bet. Does it do DC amps .

It was great to see you and share experiences on boat wiring. Say hi to tracey,
Dave
captkook
dkuchen1@gmail.com

S/V Zephyr said...

I finally found one at Sears. They actually have quite an assortment in different price ranges.
Good to finally meet you.