Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 312 Putting in order

We took several loads to our new storage locker and Zephyr is looking a lot less cluttered.  We will be putting a good bit of it back on board before we set off North but for now, we look a lot better.  I don't figure we really need the chairs that we used to sit outside on the stern while we're up North.  It's going to be a bit chilly to sit out there.  Especially this time of year.

I don't think we will be going to Seattle today as we had hoped.  It's blowing in the mid 30 knot range outside as I type this and has been for several hours.  Tomorrow will have to be the day--like it or not.

The new hatch for the refrigerator is in its final stages.  I'd take a picture as I'm sure all of you are sitting on the edges of your chairs eagerly awaiting it unveiling, but I'm still applying varnish to the beautiful teak trim that Bob installed and I don't want you to see it till it is done.  Sorry, you'll just have to wait.  All I cans say is he did a great job.  Truly a skilled craftsman.

Tracy did some wash yesterday while I was out running errands to the storage shed and West Marine(only three times).  Odds and ends to get jobs done.

I think today will be spent hunkered down in this blow--snow is expected in the neighborhood, and get ready for our trip to Seattle tomorrow morning.  The winds are to be about 10 knots from the North(if you believe them) so it might be a nice sail.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Meanwhile, have a nice weekend.

1 comment:

KAREN said...

Yes I was on pins and needles about seeing the new hatch Oh Well I will have a good weekend anyway.. You do the same