Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 327 A beautiful day.

It was a lovely day yesterday.  Lots of sunshine and very little wind for a change.  It was great to walk around in the sunshine.

We got the gas tanks along the side deck filled and added the gasoline stabilizer so it will keep 
longer.  Gasoline kept for a long time can go wrong or at least so "they"say.  I strapped them in with the new stainless steel straps I'd ordered in from Fisheries Supply.  I ordered four straps-one for each tank.  When they showed up, there were actually two in a box so I have four extra for other jobs.  The catalog didn't say there were two in the box so it was a nice surprise.  It's always nice to have extras.

We toured the docks at Boat Haven in central Port Townsend.  Checking out their facilities.  We may end up spending some time there.  Their not as new as the docks here, but there are lots of boats--both commercial and private.

I installed the new breather valve on the anti syphon device on the exhaust system.  I'd checked it earlier and it appeared to be fine.  I'd noticed the salt water stains on the fitting and below it.
While we were under way back from Seattle, I poked my head in the engine room and saw water flowing from around the fitting.   I ordered in a new valve and got it all installed.  Now it should keep the water from coming out while we are under way and have the proper anti syphon break once the engine stops.  With out it, it could allow water to keep flowing into the boat.  I went at the salt water marks with a wire brush and soapy water to clean them up and then rinsed with fresh water.  It look much better now.  I won't know if it works until I can start the engine and that won't happen till we get the transmission back in.  

As to the freezer/refrigerator temps--as of this morning, the freezer is at 23 degrees and the frig is down to 27 so some adjustment will need to be made to get a "normal" temperature.  We have two thermometers down there to monitor the temperature.  We play with the settings--close more of the hole between the two sections--today.  We want to keep the freezer down low and the frig in the mid 30's. 

A great barbecued steak dinner and a good bottle of wine and the day was complete.

We'll see what today brings.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

No comments: