Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 329 Still waiting.

The new motor/transmission mounts came in.  Of course they don't fit the same holes as the original where they bolt into Zephyrs engine room.  That would be too easy.  So I needed to fill the holes with DuraGlass.  It like Bondo for  fixing cars but it's for boats.  Basically a two part epoxy that is full of fiberglass fibers that gets mixed together and sets rock hard in just a few minutes.  West Marine doesn't carry it but I did find it at Admiral Supply for $21.00.  I called NAPA Auto Parts.  They had it for $17.99!!  It's the same thing just not bought in a store that says "marine".  Amazing how much people increase the price once you tack on the work "marine".  

We had expected a big box from Sailrite by UPS so I sat in the car and waited.  They normally show up between 1100 and 1330 hours.  By 1300 I went in search of the truck.  I found it in downtown Port Townsend.  No box!  I had been lead to believe by the tracking number that it would be here on Monday.  I went back to Zephyr and did another "tracking" and found it had gotten misdirected to Bremerton instead of Port Townsend so it "should" be here today though it doesn't say it is on the truck but does say the delivery date is today.  I guess we will see.

I mixed up the DuraGlass in the afternoon and filled the holes.  Boy, they weren't kidding about it setting up fast.  Within 5 minutes it had hardened.  Even what I had in the mixing cup was hard.  Amazing!  Now at least we are one step farther to getting the transmission in.

I called Great Lakes Power yesterday--they have the transmission.  Our normal contact--Charlie was out and Doug didn't have any answers on it yet.  Hopefully today.  We really want to get this behind us so we can move on with out lives.

It blew all day--25 to 35 knots.  All that noise can really get to you after a while.  It's calm now and it's strange to not hear all the noise we had yesterday.  More rain in the schedule.  We may be heading down to Silverdale this afternoon after the box gets here.  I want to be here when the UPS truck arrives.  It's safer that way.

Have a great day everyone.

No comments: