Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 175 The inner geek surfaces.

Yesterday was travel day.  Back to Newport to clean out the things we left in a storage room there and pick up the car.

While on the plane, I fired up my MacBook and plugged in the small GPS I use on  Zephyr and watched our progress as we flew.  The small GPS has a suction cup to make it easy to attach to the window.  The program I used gave me the speed, altitude, and heading as we jetted across the sky.  A map was on the screen with all the towns and roads we passed over.  As I was on two different flights, the people beside me watched as well.  Ah, the inner geek surfaces all over again.

The flights went well with only a slight delay in Salt Lake City but I made all the connections with time to spare.  The shuttle was right on schedule to get me the final step from Portland to Newport.  I had plenty of time to even finish my book.

I hiked over to the marina as the driver wanted an extra $20.00 to take me there from the normal drop off spot(which is farther down the road).  With all the walking I've been doing in Port Townsend, it was an easy jaunt.  Our buddy Keith was there with the keys to our car.  We had a nice chat catching up on the Summer in Newport.  A great guy that has been a big help while we were in Newport.  The Mazda started right up.  Needed a bit of water in the radiator but the tires were still inflated unlike the last time we came here from Denver.

I stopped by the storage building.  Lots more in there than I remember.  I'll have a good bit to give away before I leave.  Sort and repack will be the order of the day.  

I expect I'll be here till tomorrow and be on the road for Portland etc then.  We'll see as the day goes by.  I'll check out and check back in if I need the room for another night.    


No comments: