Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 176 I'm a traveling man, plus more on the "Evil Empire"

I'm now in transit to Scapoose outside of Portland to get the rest of what we need to finish our wind/water electric generator.

I cleaned out our storage building yesterday giving a few things to the Port of Newport.  Some things were just too big too fit in the car.  The car is packed like a sardine can.  Big items in first and then pack around them.  It's amazing how much stuff you can get in a small car.  Now we will need to get a small storage building in Port Townsend or find some more space on Zephyr.

To Ted and Judy, sorry I didn't catch up with you while there.  You weren't at your boat and I drove by where your studio is but I didn't know which one is yours.  We'll see you next month in Port Townsend.

I got on the road by 2pm and am just South of Portland ready to head into town.  With luck, I'll be back in Port Townsend by late this afternoon.  It will be great to be home.

Now, on to the "Evil Empire" of Qwest.  The wonderful people of Qwest left a message on the home phone on Monday that they would be sending out another tech on Tuesday to "fix" our connection.  YEAH!!!

On Tuesday(yesterday) they left three messages.  The first was from the tech out there doing the work just down the street.  He advised us that he had "fixed" the connection by putting us "BACK TO 256/640 AS REQUESTED"!!!!!   Say what!!!!  The second call as well as the third were from the business office advising us that the connection was "fixed" and if I had any questions to give them a call.  They had just done what I had refused to authorized them to do.  I've had 1.5 megs for years and enjoyed(and paid)its speed.  Now, I'm back to just about dial up speed.  I called them back and after transfer after transfer got to a supervisor that set up another tech call for today to get us "fixed".  He, like all the other techs I've talked to don't understand at first why they are doing this to me.  I'm about to place a call to the Business Office to see what is going on.

Last night, I filed a complaint with the Colordao PUC(Public Utilities Commission).  It was lengthy and detailed and took quite a while to file but hopefully will do some good.  I also called and left a message with Kathy at Peak to Peak.  We'll see what happens today.  Stay tuned. 

No comments: