Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day 177 Home again.

I arrived home at about 4:15 yesterday afternoon after driving from just South of Portland.  I had to make a stop at South East Marine in Scapoose just NorthWest of Portland to pick up the rest of our new wind/water generator.  The original pole we had picked up was just a bit to short for Zephyr so I needed to switch it out for the longest one available.  I wedged it into an already full car and took off for Port Townsend.  

Meanwhile, the time during the drive from South of Portland to South East Marine were spent talking and waiting to talk to Qwest.  After much talking(insert "heated discussions"), they put us back to 1.5 megs while we were on the phone.  They didn't need to come out to the house at all.  Isn't that amazing?  Before, they had always needed a tech to come out to do it there.  This time, they just hit a keyboard, or flicked a switch and it was done.  They assured me that the connection was unstable and would remain so until I switched over to Qwest as my ISP.  Ah--the power of the Evil Empire.

In later conversations with Kathy at Peak to Peak, they worked out a temporary solution with Qwest that they(Qwest) would assign a "monitor" to my account to make sure I stayed as close to 1.5 megs until the problem could be resolved--either technically or legally.  They are prepared to do battle as they have had to do in the past with Qwest.  Go get'em Peak to Peak.

My drive up was uneventful other than stopping for lunch and an occasional stop to boot up the computer to see exactly where I was and that I was on the right road to Port Townsend.  Having a GPS plugged in made it the perfect computer for traveling. 

It's nice to be home!!

No comments: