Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day 184 The heater works.

Troy stopped by with the heater duct work and got it all installed.  I fired it up later in the day and it works great.  It took a while for the fan to really kick in as it hasn't been run in many months.  With the new wiring, it runs much faster than we have ever heard it.  It really kicks out the BTUs.  I changed out some of the fasteners where the ducts connect to the vents so they will stay attached.  New plates and screw clamps and of course--every mans favorite tool--duct tape.  Where would any house or boat be without duct tape?

By now, many of you have seen the video I posted yesterday morning.  I had to go to Safeway as the Verizon gizmo wouldn't do it.  To slow on the uploads.  It took about 5 times before the blog site would accept it.  The video I took on an actual video camera is apparently too big and so far won't upload.  I'll try again when we go to Safeway.

I started work on installing another 110 outlet in the galley.  There is currently only one and it is behind the microwave.  I'll be installing the other at the far side of the galley.  This way, we won't have to stretch an extension cord across the cabin.  It is going in where the old propane detector was now that it has been replaced.  The previous one had had its wires cut and didn't function so it got replaced.  It left a nice hole that with work will now have an outlet in its place.  

I stopped at Radio Shack for a replacement switch for the light I took off the wall.  The switch had gotten broken while I was working on it.  These light have now been discontinued so I need to fix it since we can't get any new ones.  The people at Radio Shack would be dangerous if they knew anything about electronics.  So far, no one I've talked to there knows anything about wiring or electronics.  Go figure.

Rain is in the forecast over the next five days so not sure what we will be doing.  We're trying to get to another harbor(secluded) and drop anchor for at least a night to see what it is like.  

Off for another day of projects.  As I check off one two get added.  Amazing how that happens.

Have a great day.

No comments: